Thursday, May 22, 2008

POSTMARKED 2008 Images Through May 31, 2008

Postmarked 2008 Mail Art began arriving In April.  These images represent the works we received for the exhibition.  Many school art students participated, and their work is grouped below, alphabetically by school name. 
********************************
International, National, and Statewide individual mail artists responded to the Call For Mail Art for POSTMARKED 2008.  These photos represent at least one image from each artist who sent art to us.
    



 
 
       
*******************************

First Street Gallery Art Center, located in Claremont, has participated in Postmarked since its first year! This year, staff joined the clients in sending in mail art entries. 







*****************************
Kaiser High School students in Fontana submit mail art every year, thanks to teachers A Denning and K Fox. This entry contains the work from these studentsfor 2008.  
 


 

 
 









 
**************************

Los Amigos School students have sent in Postmarked mail art entries, thanks to teacher and artist S. Herdina! Some of the pieces I have received are not labeled as to school, so they may not all be on this blog entry. 
 
***********************************

Upland High School art students have sent in many envelopes, thanks to teacher L Aurelia, with more to come!  Watch this post for updates.
 











*************************************************************************************
Westcove Elementary School teacher A. Fleming let me know that these envelopes were created and mailed to POSTMARKED by some of her 6th grade students.
 
***********************************************************************************

2 comments:

Alison said...

Hi Anne,

I've met you several times at various Art Walks. I opened this up as an art opportunity for my sixth grade students. Several of them jumped at the opportunity and I am so excited to see that you have posted them online. My students will be so excited to view them in class this Tuesday. See you at the Art Walk. I can't wait to see all of the art!

-Alison Fleming

Anonymous said...

I made one of the envelopes (I am from Upland High School) And I am so happy to have participated! When I saw my envelope on the website I was very excited. Art is my passion and I cant wait to see it at the gallery!